Miles for Wellness Challenge 14
Celebration Trail: 100 Years of National Parks
- Tortoise Division – an average of less than or equal to 56,000 steps per week per member
- Hare Division – an average greater than 56,000 up to 70,000 steps per week per member
- Super Hare Division – an average greater than 70,000 up to 105,000 steps per week per member.
- Bionic Hare Division – an average of greater than 105,000 average steps per week per member (this division is new this year)
- Abide by the Team Mix
- No replacements or additions once the event starts unless it is due to an administrative error.
- Everyone who participates must sign an honor code located in the Personal Log Sheet.
- This is a pedometer based event. Exercise conversions are allowed this year. See OSP website for more information on conversion.
- If someone misses wearing their pedometer for a day they are asked to use a previous set of numbers that most closely represents the activities of that day.
- Documentation must be kept until the event is ended
- Team Captains will email steps for the team to HealthyUNCG each Monday.
- Team progress will be emailed to the team captains and posted on the HealthyUNCG Facebook page and website.
For Team Captains
- For captain spreadsheets, participant spreadsheets, liability waivers, and exercise conversions visit MilesforWellness.nc.gov
- This year, due to budget cuts, we will not be providing pedometers. However, they can be purchased for a reasonable price at Wal-Mart, Target, or K-Mart. There are also free apps that can be downloaded to smartphones, such as Argus, Map My Run, and Pedometer++.
Bionic Hare Division-Lead by the Hare Styles with 5,343 miles walked, followed by Bryan Cruisers at 5,145 total miles.
Super Hare Division-Lead by the Hare Balls with 3,522 miles walked, followed by Action Potentials at 3,329 total miles.
Hare Division-Lead by the Circulators with 2,747 miles walked, followed by GRE: Graduate Ramblers Ensemble at 2,601 total miles