STRIVE for a HealthierU Month is UNCG’s employee wellness month. STRIVE for a HealthierU is held every October and consists of healthy events exclusively for UNCG faculty and staff!
10 /3, 10/4, 10/19 – Take the PWP at the University Flu Clinic, 9am-4:30pm
Learn more about your health by taking the Personal Wellness Profile and receive free giveaways!
- 10/3 & 10/4– EUC, Kirkland Room
- 10/19– Campus Supply Room
- Or go online to healthy.uncg.edu and click on Personal Wellness Profile!
The Personal Wellness Profile is a general health assessment that measures overall health and well-being. This assessment tool is designed to:
- Provide a way for employees to identify existing behaviors that are considered good health practices.
- Help people identify protective and health risk factors.
- Provide a comprehensive health and lifestyle assessment based on current scientific guidelines for optimal health and disease prevention.
- Help people make healthy lifestyle decisions. Information gained can be used to design appropriate intervention programs emphasizing modifiable risk factors for disease.
10/ 16 – Meatless Monday: Fall Cooking Class & Dinner, Stone Building Room 303. 5:30pm-6:30pm
This cooking class will feature a variety of vegetarian and vegan recipes as well as information about different meat substitutes. Whether you are interested in making a lifestyle change or just saving some money, this class is right for you!
*Cooking lab has limited stool seating, so much of the class is standing. Please let us know if you need a chair or stool so that we can make sure to accommodate your needs.
There will be a $5 fee per person. To register, fill out the online form or email email@example.com.
RSVP by 10/09
10/18 – Nutrition Workshop, Bryan Building Room 113, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
10/19 – Choose your AromAdventure: Essential Oils for Life Enhancement, Faculty Center, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Experience a variety of essential oils from around the world! Attendees with have the opportunity to formulate their own blend of essential oils, and will leave with an inhalation product of their own creation.
10/27 – ActiveU Group Fitness Sampler, EUC Kirkland Room, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
This 45 minute sampler will feature some of our most popular fitness classes that are offered to employees for FREE at the Kaplan Center! Participate as much or as little is you like. Comfortable shoes and clothing are encouraged. FREE resistance bands will be given to all participants! Click here to register!