2018 Making the Grade in Worksite Wellness Conference
OCTOBER 4-5th, 2018
Broadstone Conference Center
Appalachian State University
In 2008, the state mandated that all universities and community colleges implement a worksite (employee) wellness program with the focus areas of healthy eating, physical activity, stress management and tobacco cessation.
In 2011, The University of NC at Greensboro and HealthyUNCG invited fellow North Carolina universities and community colleges for a one day workshop to identify resources, set goals and discuss strategies, successes and barriers to making our respective campus bodies one that is healthy and well. The conference was held again in 2015 and has since become an annual two day conference.
This exclusive, two day conference is for anyone with an interest in employee wellness in the community college and/or university setting. This year’s conference will focus specifically focus on holistic wellness programs that elevate traditional wellness programs. This conference will enable one to think critically about how wellness is defined and what is it that creates a culture of wellness, rather than just a wellness program. In addition, the conference targets:
- Best practices for building and maintaining a strong worksite wellness foundation (learning from organizations on and off of campus)
- Worksite wellness resources
- Successful programming and strategies (including utilizing faculty intervention research studies, graduate students and undergraduate students to deliver programs and/or assessments)
- Overcoming barriers to making our respective campus bodies healthy and well
- Opportunities to network and discuss worksite wellness, collaborate and brainstorm with wellness leaders and colleagues from other campuses and agencies in our region
Early Registration (through September 1st) – $100
Professional Registration (after September 1st) – $125
Student Registration – $50
Registration includes all conference materials, parking, light breakfast, and full lunch for both days.
*New this year! Making the Grade t-shirts only $15!
1184 SR 105
State Government Rate – $67/night
Interested in being a presenter? Email email@example.com to request a Proposal Submission Form. Call for proposals are due by July 1, 2018.