2018 Making the Grade in Worksite Wellness Conference
*Conference has been postponed to Spring 2019*
Broadstone Conference Center
Appalachian State University
In 2008, the state mandated that all universities and community colleges implement a worksite (employee) wellness program with the focus areas of healthy eating, physical activity, stress management and tobacco cessation.
In 2011, The University of NC at Greensboro and HealthyUNCG invited fellow North Carolina universities and community colleges for a one day workshop to identify resources, set goals and discuss strategies, successes and barriers to making our respective campus bodies one that is healthy and well. The conference was held again in 2015 and has since become an annual two day conference.
This exclusive, two day conference is for anyone with an interest in employee wellness in the community college, university or state/county agency. This year’s conference will focus specifically focus on holistic wellness programs that elevate traditional wellness programs. This conference will enable one to think critically about how wellness is defined and what is it that creates a culture of wellness, rather than just a wellness program. In addition, the conference targets:
- Best practices for building and maintaining a strong worksite wellness foundation (learning from organizations on and off of campus)
- Worksite wellness resources
- Successful programming and strategies (including utilizing faculty intervention research studies, graduate students and undergraduate students to deliver programs and/or assessments)
- Overcoming barriers to making our respective campus bodies healthy and well
- Opportunities to network and discuss worksite wellness, collaborate and brainstorm with wellness leaders and colleagues from other campuses and agencies in our region
To join the Making the Grade listserve, please fill out the following form:
Early Registration (through September 1st) – $100
Professional Registration (after September 1st) – $125
Student Registration – $50
Registration includes all conference materials, parking, light breakfast, and full lunch for both days.
*New this year! Making the Grade t-shirts only $15!
1184 SR 105
State Government Rate – $67/night
If you would like information regarding conference registration, please click the link below:
Interested in being a presenter? Download the Proposal Submission Form.
Call for proposals are due by August 1, 2018.