2018 Making the Grade in Worksite Wellness Conference
OCTOBER 4-5th, 2018
Broadstone Conference Center
Appalachian State University
In 2008, the state mandated that all universities and community colleges implement a worksite (employee) wellness program with the focus areas of healthy eating, physical activity, stress management and tobacco cessation.
In 2011, The University of NC at Greensboro and HealthyUNCG invited fellow North Carolina universities and community colleges for a one day workshop to identify resources, set goals and discuss strategies, successes and barriers to making our respective campus bodies one that is healthy and well. The conference was held again in 2015 and has since become an annual two day conference.
This exclusive, two day conference is for anyone with an interest in employee wellness in the community college and/or university setting. The conference targets:
- Best practices for building and maintaining a strong worksite wellness foundation (learning from organizations on and off of campus)
- Worksite wellness resources
- Successful programming and strategies (including utilizing faculty intervention research studies, graduate students and undergraduate students to deliver programs and/or assessments)
- Overcoming barriers to making our respective campus bodies healthy and well
- Opportunities to discuss worksite wellness, collaborate and brainstorm with wellness committees and colleagues from other campuses across NC and the surrounding areas
2017 Making the Grade in Worksite Wellness Conference
If you’re interested in being a part of the 2017 Making the Grade Workshop contact us at: email@example.com.