ActiveU Group Fitness (Kaplan Center)
ActiveU Group fitness includes a variety of classes (strength, cardio, aqua, and flexibility) with times ranging from early morning to late evening. A description of each class can be found by clicking here or by clicking the class on the HealthyUNCG Events calendar.
The ActiveU Group Fitness schedule can be found by clicking on the following locations. Please refer to the calendar prior to attending to get the latest information on class location or any cancellations.
We are also hoping to add an evening Aqua Aerobics class soon and are currently searching for an instructor. If you know of a student or EHRA employee that would be interested in teaching Aqua Aerobics, please have them contact Stefanie at email@example.com
There are currently no EUC ActiveU courses scheduled, but HealthyUNCG is working diligently to schedule instructors for classes to resume in February 2020. Once the schedule is confirmed, updates will be posted!
ActiveU Open Swim
All UNCG employees, regardless of membership, are welcome to utilize the natatorium for free during open swim hours. To participate in open swim, bring your employee ID card and let the front desk attendant know you are there for ActiveU Open Swim. A sign-in sheet will be provided.
Open swim hours for Fall 2019 are
Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 am
Fridays 12:00 – 1:30 pm
Starting Monday August 6, 2018 ActiveU Noon-ball will be for UNC Greensboro Faculty/Staff and Kaplan Center Members Only.
Noonball is a pickup basketball game program located in the Kaplan Center basketball courts #2 and #3 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12pm – 1:30pm. For UNCG Faculty and Staff to participate, a Kaplan Center Membership is NOT required. Simply bring your UNC Greensboro Faculty/Staff ID, a towel, water bottle, and workout clothes including non-marking shoes to enjoy the games.
ActiveU Noon-ball Policies
- You must be an active UNC Greensboro Faculty/Staff to be eligible for free access through ActiveU. All UNC Greensboro Faculty/Staff must present a UNCG ID at the Kaplan Center front desk to gain access to the facility for ActiveU Noon-ball.
- Only current Kaplan Center Members may sponsor Guests for $8 a day; limit two guests per Kaplan Center Member. Each guest MUST be accompanied by the Kaplan Center Member at all times; each guest must be at least 18 years of age and present a picture ID to show proof of age.
- Participation by UNCG Faculty/Staff in ActiveU Noon-ball grants access to the locker rooms (including the showers) and the Noon-ball basketball games. Non-Kaplan Center Members are not permitted to use the rest of the facility unless they purchase a Kaplan Center Membership.
- A daily towel can be checked out for $1.00 per day.
- Active U participants are expected to follow all Kaplan Center guidelines. See Recreation & Wellness Facilities Policies for the remainder of the facility guidelines.
Fitness Lending Library
Want to exercise but don’t have the time? Wish you could work out while in the office? Check out HealthyUNCG’s Fitness Lending Library!
HealthyUNCG’s Fitness Lending Library allows employees and departments to “check out” various fitness equipment to use while in the office. Items target flexibility, strength, and cardiovascular fitness and includes over 75 items including desk ellipticals, yoga mats, kettle bells, free weights, fitdeck cards, etc.