- The YMCA of Greensboro allows you to join at a reduced rate? Even if you are already a member you are eligible for the discount, just visit the front desk at the YMCA. The YMCA offers state of the art facilities that are always growing, including fitness centers, basketball courts, indoor pools, personal trainers, and group fitness classes.
- Health Department “Quit Smart”
- Cone Health offers Quit Smart tobacco cessation classes at various locations.
- Guilford County Department of Public Health offers information about local services, events, and health concerns. On the site you can look up information in the A-Z Health Library. The site offers health education and training information. You can also find information about immunization schedules and local clinics.
- The Greensboro Parks and Recreation department website has information on local parks and recreation areas as well as athletic programs and trails and greenways.
- The Watch For Me NC Campaign: The Watch for Me NC program involves two key elements: 1) safety and educational messages directed toward drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists, and 2) enforcement efforts by area police to crack down on some of the violations of traffic safety laws. Local programs are typically led by municipal, county, or regional government staff with the involvement of many others, including pedestrian and bicycle advocates, city planners, law enforcement agencies, engineers, public health professionals, elected officials, and others.
- NC State Health Plan offers a variety of resources including information on the state health plan options, updates, and changes to plans, smoking cessation programs, and where to get a flu shot.
- State Health Plan members are also eligible to use NC HealthSmart, a free resource that offers information on wellness benefits and programs. As plan members, Health Coaches, specially trained professionals, such as nurses, respiratory therapists or dietitians, are available to you, at no cost, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions you may have concerning the health of you or your family. To learn more, call your NC HealthSmart Health Coach at 1-800-817-7044.
- NC Flex offers information on other benefits administered by the Office of State Personnel for state employees, including vision, dental, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending accounts, and critical illness insurance. The site also provides contact information for the NC Flex providers.
- Quit Line NC offers free, confidential, one-on-one support to help you quit smoking. Available 8 am to 3 am seven days a week. They can also be reached by calling 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
- Smoke Free NC offers information about the no smoking law that went into effect on January 2, 2010, frequently asked questions about the law, fact sheets, educational materials, and links to up-to-date information on the health hazards of secondhand smoke and how to quit tobacco.
- EatSmartMoveMore offers fresh ideas, tips, and information to to help you eat healthy and move more.
- North Carolina Health & Wellness Trust Fund offers links to other state resources including tobacco free schools and tobacco cessation information for teens and pregnant women, health disparities, and help with prescriptions.
- NC Health Info offers resources to help you find information on health topics and local health services.
- On the North Carolina Department of Transportation, Division of Bicycle and Pedestrian Transportation website you can find maps with local bike and pedestrian trails and safety information.
- North Carolina Farm Fresh website, part of the NC Department of Agriculture, offers a directory of road-side fruit and vegetable stands, farmers markets, and pick your own farms in North Carolina to help North Carolinians find fresh localy grown fruits and vegetables.
- The North Carolina State Parks website can help you find a local park or recreation area.
- The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services website provides information about services, medicaid, and a variety of health topics.