Are nutrition consultations free?
Beginning in January 2020, ALL services provided by our registered dietitian, Cari Culp, are covered at 100% by the State Health Plan. Please contact 336-790-6778 with specific questions!
Is health coaching free?
YES! This service is offered to all UNCG Employees at no cost.
Does the health coach or RD come to my location?
YES! We understand UNCG has employees located on and off main campus. We have scheduled dates at various locations around campus. Please check out the current calendar on our website.
Are the educational workshops free?
YES! Every month we offer various workshops. They are listed on the workshops page for the university. These are exclusively offered to employees only.
Do you offer presentations or demos to any department?
YES! We offer a variety of presentations such as deskercise, stretching, chair yoga, mindfulness, healthy eating, Fitness Lending Library demos and much more!
What is the Fitness Lending Library (FLL)?
FLL allows employees and departments to “check out” various fitness equipment to use while in the office. Items target flexibility, strength, and cardiovascular fitness. Items include yoga mats, spooner boards, free weights, heart rate monitors, desk elliptical, balance balls and much more. Our FLL delivery team brings and picks up the items straight to your office!
Does the FLL deliver off campus?
YES! HealthyUNCG’s FLL delivery team delivers to any off-campus UNCG location.
Do I need a Kaplan Center membership to participate in ActiveU Group Fitness?
– No! All ActiveU classes and recreational opportunities are free to UNCG employees, no membership needed. ActiveU programming consists of group exercise classes (noted by the red “A” on the fitness schedule), Noon Basketball program, and Open Swim aquatics. However, we do invite you to take advantage of UNCG’s faculty/staff and family membership rates at the Kaplan Center in order to gain access to all the Kaplan Center has to offer!
Where do I park for the Kaplan Center?
– Lot 49 is A pass only during the day. Free parking in this lot is available before 8:00 am and after 5:00 pm.
– Lot 50 (gravel lot) on the corner of S. Aycock St. and Gate City Blvd is available for all parking passes during the day. This lot is complimentary after 5:00 pm.
– Metered parking lot off McCormick St is available 7:00 am -7:00 pm M-F and 24 hr parking is monitored 24/7. Meters are $1.00/hr
– Parallel street parking along Neal St is free