What is the HealthyUNCG Wellness Champions Program?
UNCG is committed to the health and wellbeing of its employee body and HealthyUNCG works to keep this commitment by serving UNCG employees to help them achieve the wellness they desire. To continue with our mission, we are seeking individuals who could help us advocate for employee
wellness and help us promote the wellness programs and activities offered through HealthyUNCG.
We are looking for individuals who are innovative, energetic, passionate about wellness, and who want to promote a healthy work environment and culture of health within their workplace.
HealthyUNCG Wellness Champions volunteer to promote university-wide wellness initiatives for UNCG faculty and staff. Wellness Champions communicate activities, encourage participation, and seek opportunities to promote and/or host wellness activities that focus on holistic health and wellbeing and
support a culture of wellbeing in the workplace. Wellness Champions are leaders within each school/division/ department, that serve as a model to employees and students, and greatly influence engagement in the workplace. To support workplace wellness efforts, leaders may add work/life and wellness to their mission statement and promote employee involvement by allowing work time to participate in wellness activities and programs.
Additionally, the champion will work with HealthyUNCG to plan and implement two to three wellness initiatives annually.
Wellness Champions may also, but are not required to, lead their own wellness committee within their school/division/department. HealthyUNCG will work with those committees to learn wellness program management skills to serve their individual school/department/division needs.
Wellness Champions will receive recognition on the HealthyUNCG website and will receive a plaque to display, recognizing their efforts.
How much time is required?
Estimated 1-3 hours per month. Time spent will vary depending on wellness programming and offerings. By becoming a wellness champion, you agree to the following:
1. Attend monthly/bi-monthly check-in meetings with Wellness Champions (You will also receive an email with bulleted wellness happenings each month for easy reference.)
2. Share HealthyUNCG programs and events, along with HealthyUNCG Newsletter (3-5 times a year) which is prepared in advance by HealthyUNCG staff
3. Share HealthyUNCG and other campus wellness information with your department and networks (print and share within your department and place on bulletin board if available within your department or shared PDF versions by email or on website.)
4. Work with HealthyUNCG to plan and implement two to three wellness initiatives annually
5. Communicate opportunities for partnership or events/programs as related to the mission of HealthyUNCG
6. Attend Annual/Biannual celebratory events hosted by HealthyUNCG to thank you for your support and commitment to the program
HealthyUNCG will provide the following to support the Wellness Champions program:
1. Monthly communication and support for university-wide wellness opportunities for faculty and staff via email and/or zoom meetings
2. Training to support wellness program management skills within schools/divisions/departments
3. Resources to support their own school/division/department wellbeing efforts
4. Consultations and support to help Wellness Champions complete workplace wellness assessments and develop a strategic program plan for their own school/division/department
5. Recognize the Wellness Champion and the school/division/department represented by providing signage and being recognized on our website.
In order to be eligible to be a HealthyUNCG Wellness Champion, employees must meet the following criteria:
1. SHRA, EHRA, EHRA-Faculty with greater than 0.749 FTE and have a 9-month contract/appt or greater with UNCG
2. The employee must be in good standing with no active/pending or documented disciplinary actions within the preceding 18 months
3. Receive approval from their supervisor and department head to participate
4. Be committed to being a HealthyUNCG Employee Wellness Champion for the entire academic year.
5. Must be able to attend the Wellness Champion Training on Wednesday, August 17th from 11 – 1 (in person) or Thursday, August 18th from 11:30 – 1:00 (zoom) .