Individual games will run continuously throughout the day (approximately every 15 minutes). Winners of the individual games will win an Employee Field Day Medal. Winners of the Minute to Win It games will win an Employee Field Day Ribbon. Events Include:
- Hula Hoop Contest
- Ball Toss
- Egg/Spoon Race
- Musical “Chairs”
- Minute to Win It Games
- “Junk in the Trunk” – players try to bounce a ping pong ball out of a tissue box that is tied around their waist
- “Cookie Face” – players place a cookie on their forehead and have to get it to their mouth without using their hands
- “Wrecking Ball Bowling” – players wear a stocking with a tennis ball in it on their head and using only the stocking/ball try to knock over water bottles filled with dried beans/rice
Team Events will run on the half hour – 11:30, 12:30 and 1:30. Teams will be competing for bragging rights and the coveted Employee Field Day Trophy – this year in GOLD! Events Include:
- Obstacle Course Relay Race (Dizzy bat, Waiter/Waitress walk, Crabwalk, Over/Under)
- Tic-Tac-Toe Human Relay
- Tug of War
Fitness competitions are new this year! A leader board will be posted throughout the event and winners will be notified at the end of the event (around 1:45 pm). Participants will be competing for bragging rights and the coveted Employee Field Day Trophy – this year in GOLD!
Fitness events include:
- Plank – How long can you hold it?
- Push up – How many can you do?
- Burpees – How many can you do?
Spartan Pride Dress Your Best Contest! Spiro will be judging the individual with the most Spartan Spirit and the team with the most Spartan Spirit! Winners announced at 1:45 pm! Wear your blue and gold!
We will have several open play, leisure games, such as corn hole and ladder toss, for you to play throughout the day!
We will also be collecting donation for the Humane Society of the Piedmont. For a list of items needed, please click here.
Thank you to our partners:
UNCG Staff Senate
UNCG Parking Operations
UNCG Facility Services
UNCG Department of Recreation and Wellness
Institute to Promote Athlete Health and Wellness
Thank you to our planning committee:
Thank you to our student volunteers from the Department of Kinesiology & the Department of Nutrition:
Mary Ellen Demaret